8 Top Tips for setting great goals
22 May 19
Setting goals is closely linked to performance improvement.
Here are some tips to set great goals.
- Focus on the most important, not routine
- Only have a few – 5/6 maximum
- Make them stretching but not impossible
- If the work is complex, uncertain and/or involves new areas of work consider chunking the goals into manageable steps or starting with a learning goal
- Always include a personal development goal
- Write them down and make them succinct
- Monitor progress against the goal
- Seek timely feedback on how you’re progressing against the goal and act on the feedback
- Change them when they’re achieved or the situation changes