#TrusteeWeek Top 5 Countdown – No. 5
04 November 19
It’s the Gallanach #TrusteeWeek top 5 countdown time.
Coming in at number 5 on board activities that trustees could do better is….
If you’re a trustee, how good was your induction?
My experience says for most, it could be a lot better.
If you had an induction, did you cover the following themes?
- Briefing on your duties and obligations as a Trustee and Company Director.
- Explanation of the governing document.
- Understanding the vision, mission, values and strategy.
- Spend time with the Chair and meet key senior staff.
- Visit front line services and meet users.
- Identify the main stakeholders and their expectations.
- Reading previous board papers and main policy documents
- Current and predicted performance and impact.
Following these themes will greatly improve the induction experience and ultimately increase the effectiveness of your board.